Jelly Tots Header
The nursery organises the day so that children can take part in a variety of child initiated and adult supported activities. These take into account the children's changing energy levels throughout the day.
- The nursery caters for the children's individual needs for rest and quiet activities during the day
- We organise our sessions so that the children can choose from a range of activities. In doing so, they build up their ability to select and work through a task
- The children are also helped and encouraged to take part in adult led activities and large group activities which introduce them to new experiences and help them gain new skills. They also help the children to work with others.
- Free flow into our garden is encouraged.
In the Jelly Tots room, all staff are very approachable and support your child in the following ways:
- Settling toddlers into the routine of the room
- Helping them to feel safe and secure, including snuggling, cuddling, eye contact and talking gently to them
- Encouraging communication
- Adults listen and respond to communication appropriately, encouraging conversation
- Provide activities to encourage young children to explore and use all their senses
- Give opportunities for child initiated and adult supported activities
- Encouraging physical development, both fine and gross motor skills, remembering that young children have little sense of danger
- Encouraging both indoor and outdoor play
- To encourage good social skills at food and drink times, by asking them to sit down at the table when eating and drinking within a hygienic, safe, caring and happy environment.
All routines are guidelines only and are adapted accordingly
Children who arrive between 8.05am to 8.30am are allowed to bring breakfast in with them. All children are supervised and assisted during breakfast.
|8.05am||Free play (in Tots area)|
|9.00am||Free play/register marked|
|9.40am||Free play and planned activities with free flow to the garden|
|10.15am||Small group time|
|10.45am||Free play and planned activities with free flow to the garden|
|11.00am||Nappies (unless they need changing before)|
|12.00pm||Home time / lunchtime|
|1.10pm||Free play and planned activities with free flow to the garden|
|2.15pm||Small group time|
|2.45pm||Nappies (unless they need changing before)|
|3.00pm||Story-time & recall time|
|3.15pm||Home-time / free play|
|4.45pm||Nappy change/rest time|