Examples of common alterations/improvements for which permission is needed:
- Removing or fitting built in cupboards or doors
- Replacement of kitchen units or bathrooms
- Replacement of windows
- Replacement of front or back doors
- Fitting different light switches or fittings
- Adding or moving electrical points
- Building patios or laying decking
- Additional fencing
- Erecting a garden shed, or summer house
- Installing a satellite dish
- Planting any trees or hedges
- Installing any security such as, but not limited to, Ring doorbells or personal surveillance equipment (CCTV or audio). If these only capture images within the boundary of the private domestic property (including the garden) the request will be considered.
We will only give permission for equipment that fully complies with data protection act, human rights act and any other relevant legislation.
Please note this list is not exhaustive and you should always confirm with us if permission is required prior to carrying out any work.