Your Rights and Responsibilities
What Are My Rights?
Your rights with regard to your tenancy are contained within your own tenancy agreement.
As there are many types of tenancy agreement, your rights may be different to your neighbour's. Please check with your Housing Officer if you need further information.
Fair And Equal Treatment For Everybody
All of our residents have the right to fair and equal treatment. We have an Equality and Diversity policy that will tell you more about our approach to providing a fair service.
What Are My Responsibilities?
You must keep to the terms of the tenancy agreement.
- You must also ensure that anyone living with you or visiting you keeps to the conditions.
- Your tenancy agreement tells you what your responsibilities are:
- You must live in your home as your only or main home.
- You must pay all the charges due - rent, service charge etc.
- You must not harass, be abusive to or threatening to any neighbour, other resident, member of staff or contractor.
- You must take responsibility for the behaviour of family members and visitors to your home. This includes behaviour in the wider community.
- You must obtain written consent before keeping an animal.
- You must allow us and our contractors access to your home to carry out repairs, especially gas servicing.
- You must report faults and repairs and carry out repairs that are your responsibility, and not damage your home.
- You must not allow your home to become overcrowded.
- You must not operate a business from your home, unless you have received our express written permission.