Welcome to Centre Place Family Centre
Centre Place Family Centre aims to give children the best start in life
Centre Place is a one-stop shop for children aged up to five years old and their mums, dads and carers. We provide access to family healthcare, advice and guidance about bringing up children, family support, early education and childcare. We also have links to career and employment services to support parents who want to return to work.
You can get advice, guidance and practical support on many areas that may affect family life, such as finding a school, housing issues, domestic violence and drug and alcohol abuse.
Our centre offers a range of services which include:
- activities for children, mums, dads and carers
- access to specialist services - speech and language, physiotherapy, midwifery support, welfare benefit support
- family support, home visits and information including parenting support and drop-in groups
- health services and advice including baby weigh clinic, post-natal groups and healthy vitamin distribution
- learning opportunities for parents and carers and advice on employment, training and education
- parenting courses
- children with additional needs support groups
- youth clubs for children over 5
- community cafe
- advice on child care, finding a school and housing
- community partnerships with Family Mosaic, Community Police, MIND, Safer Places, Active Women and Southend library service.
All our activities are planned to the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum so that your child can experience early learning through play. We also offer lots of ideas for low or no cost activities at home.
The Family Centre is run by Family Action. For more information, please visit their website.