FER Title Page
FER AGM 2021 - New Committee Members
After a very successful vote and virtual meeting, residents voted for 2 new Committee members. They are:
Donna from Brentwood
James from Southend-Sea
Congratulations to Donna and James, and thank you to the other candidates Steve, Andy and Pauline.
A big thank you also to everyone who took the time to vote, and/or to attend the FER AGM 2021.
What is the Federation of Estuary Residents (FER)?
The Federation of Estuary Residents was founded in 1999 and is a group of resident volunteers who are keen to work on your behalf. The FER are the voice of their fellow residents, and volunteer to make sure Estuary is listening and making positive changes.
The main focuses for the FER this year:
- To assist in embedding the New Repairs Contract with Axis
- To be involved with the development of the new Customer Services Strategy
- Work with us to implement and hold us to account in the implementation of the new Complaints policy.
- Work with us to implement the new Social Housing Charter
- To promote the #PlanToPay campaign to residents that may need some support with rent payments
- To promote the new #SafeToSay safeguarding campaign – The FER Chair is a Safeguarding Champion and attends Estuary's safeguarding meetings
Browse the menu below to meet the FER and find out more about the brilliant work they do!
What does the FER do?
As a member of the Federation of Estuary Residents, there are many things that you can get involved in to make sure the views of our residents are considered. Some of these are listed below:
- Review and approve or decline Estate Improvement Budget applications
- Be a part of the panel that interviews new staff
- Judge resident competitions such as Estuary in Bloom
- Represent residents at Estuary Housing Association's staff meetings (Planned Maintenance meeting, Health and Safety meeting & Services Committee meeting)
- Be a part of the procurement panel for the new contracts
- Approve policies and procedures that affect residents
- Plan the FER AGM and Big Day Out with the Customer Engagement Team
- Formal meetings (6 per year)
- Attend Community Days held by Estuary Housing Association, and speak to lots of residents
- Run the FER Facebook page and interact with other residents
- Support and advocate for residents that contact us needing help and advice
- Challenge Estuary Housing Association's staff and hold our Landlord to account
- Attend the Resident Awards ceremony and other social events for residents
- Join the annual Tenant Conference ran by TPAS, the Tenants Participation Advisory Service..
Meet the Federation of Estuary Residents
Chair: Liz from Westcliff.
Liz joined the FER in 2016 and has served as Vice Chair for 4 years. Liz took over as Acting Chair in September 2020, and became Chair in 2021.
Vice Chair: Steve from Southchurch.
Steve joined the FER in 2018 and became General Officer in August 2020. Steve took over as Acting Vice Chair in September 2020, and became Vice Chair in 2021.
General Officer/Vice Scrutiny Lead: Andy from Southend.
Andy joined the FER in 2019, and in 2021 he became General Officer/Vice Scrutiny Lead.
Scrutiny Lead: Pauline from Canvey Island.
Pauline joined the FER in 2021.
Secretary: Sarah from Romford.
Sarah joined the FER in 2019 and became Secretary.
Committee Member: Lynda from Leigh.
Lynda joined the FER in 2011 & has held a number of Officer roles including 3 years as Chair and a year as General Officer and Deputy Scrutiny Lead. In 2021, she rejoined the Committee.
Committee Member: Daniel from Shoeburyness.
Daniel has been involved since 1991 and has enjoyed many years as a Committee Member.
Committee Member: Bob from Southend.
Bob joined the FER in 2020.
Committee Member: Louise from Chelmsford.
Louise joined the FER in 2020.
Committee Member: Michael from Southend.
Michael joined the FER in 2020.
Committee Member: Donna from Southend.
Donna joined the FER in 2021.
Committee Member: James from Southend.
James joined the FER in 2021.
Co-Opt Committee Member: Pat from Rayleigh.
Pat joined the FER in 2020.
Co-Opt Committee Member: Gifford from Wickford.
Gifford joined the FER in 2020.
Honorary Members - David Stanistreet and Ron Shadforth.
How do Estuary Support Us?
- As well as this page, we also have a dedicated page in Estuary News
- Estuary promote the Federation of Estuary Residents wherever possible
- Estuary listen to and implement many of our ideas and suggestions, taking on board our recommendations for policy improvement where necessary.
If you would like support or advice from the Federation of Estuary Residents then please see our contact details which are below. Alternatively, if you would like to join the Committee of the Federation of Estuary Residents, please get in touch as we are always looking for new members.
Download our leaflet for more information: FER Leaflet.pdf [pdf] 1MB
Spare Seat at the Table
The Federation of Estuary Residents needs you!
If you are interested in becoming an FER Committee Member, please either email the Customer And Community Engagement Team with your name and address, or call 0300 304 5000.
Please note the majority of FER activities take place during working hours
How Can I Get Involved?
If you are interested in becoming an FER member, please use the form highlighted below. You can also express your interest by calling 0300 304 5000 (ask to speak to the Customer and Community Engagement Team), or email the Customer and Community Engagement Team with your name and address.
The FER meets bi-monthly at locations throughout Estuary stock, and encourages other residents to come and observe. To find out when the next meeting is, please take a look at our calendar.
For more information please contact the Customer and Community Engagement Team using the contact details above.FER Registration of Interest Form
FER Document Library
Available to download
FER Minutes available to download
January 2020 FER_January_2020_minutes.pdf [pdf] 434KB
March 2020 FER_March_2020_minutes.pdf [pdf] 598KB
May 2020 FER_May_2020_minutes.pdf [pdf] 618KB
July 2020 FER_July_2020_minutes.pdf [pdf] 672KB
September 2020 FER_September_2020_minutes.pdf [pdf] 524KB
November 2020 FER_November_2020_minutes.pdf [pdf] 580KB
January 2021 FER_January_2021_minutes.pdf [pdf] 559KB
March 2021 FER_March_2021_minutes.pdf [pdf] 706KB
May 2021 FER_May_2021_minutes.pdf [pdf] 1MB
July 2021 FER_July_2021_minutes.pdf [pdf] 664KB
Submit Your Ideas For Estuary News
Do you have an idea for, or have you written an article that you would like to appear in Estuary News? Please submit your idea using this form and the FER will consider your idea/article for publication.
- We will not share any personal information, or any other information you submit, with any third-party organisations. Please see our Privacy Statement page for further information.