The Federation of Estuary Residents (FER)
Vote for your new Committee now! Voting closes on 13 August 2020.
Find us on Facebook
Spare Seat at the Table
The FER Needs you!
If you are interested in becoming an FER Committee Member, please contact the Customer & Community Engagement Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address or call 0300 304 5000.
What does the FER do?
As an FER member there are many things that you can get involved in, making sure that the viewpoint of our residents is considered. Some of these are listed below:
- Approve or decline Estate Improvement Budget applications
- Be a part of the panel that interviews new staff
- Judge resident competitions such as Estuary in Bloom
- Represent residents at Estuary Housing Association's staff meetings (Planned Maintenance meeting, Health and Safety meeting & Services Committee meeting)
- Be a part of the procurement panel for the new contracts
- Approve policies & procedures that affect residents
- Plan the FER AGM & Big Day Out with the Customer Engagement Team
- Formal meetings (6 per year)
- Attend Community Days held by Estuary Housing Association, and speak to lots of residents
- Run the FER Facebook page and interact with other residents
- Support and advocate for residents that contact us needing help and advice
- Challenge Estuary Housing Association's staff and hold our Landlord to account
- Attend the Resident Awards ceremony and other social events for residents
- Join the annual Tenant Conference ran by TPAS.
How do Estuary Support Us?
- As well as this page, we also have a dedicated page in Estuary News
- Estuary promote the Federation of Estuary Residents wherever possible
- Estuary listen to and implement many of our ideas and suggestions, taking on board our recommendations for policy improvement where necessary.
If you would like support or advice from the Federation of Estuary Residents then please see our contact details which are below. Alternatively, if you would like to join the Committee of the Federation of Estuary Residents, please get in touch as we are always looking for new members. Download our leaflet for more information. FER Leaflet.pdf [pdf] 1MB
How Can I Get Involved?
If you are interested in becoming an FER member, please use the form highlighted below. You can also express your interest by emailing email@example.com with your name and address or by calling 0300 304 5000 (ask to speak to the Customer & Community Engagement Team).
The FER meets bi-monthly at locations throughout Estuary Housing Association stock, and encourages other residents to observe. To find out when the next meeting is, please take a look at our calendar.
For more information please contact the Customer & Community Engagement Team using the contact details above.FER Registration of Interest Form
Meet the Federation of Estuary Residents
Chair of the FER: Janet Ledgerton
Janet joined the FER in 2016, was General Officer and Scrutiny lead. Janet became Chair in 2019.
Vice Chair of the FER: Liz Mansfield
Liz joined the FER in 2016.
General Officer: Lynda Buckley
Lynda joined the FER in 2011 & has held a number of Officer roles. Lynda spent the last 3 years as Chair before handing over to Janet.
Committee Secretary: Sarah O'Shea
Sarah joined the FER in 2019 and became Secretary.
Scrutiny Lead: Julia Davis
Julia joined the FER in 2016.
Committee Member: Stephen
Stephen joined the FER in 2018.
Committee Member: Daniel Rose
Daniel has been involved since 1991 and has enjoyed many years as a Scrutiny Committee Member.
Committee Member: Simon Cheshire
Simon joined the FER in 2019.
Committee Member: Andy Carlia-Jones
Andrew joined the FER in 2019.
Committee Member: Rose
Rose rejoined the FER in 2019 after having a break.
Honorary Members - David Stanistreet and Ron Shadforth
FER Document Library
Available to download
FER Minutes available to download
January 2019 FER January 2019 minutes.pdf [pdf] 212KB
March 2019 FER March 2019 minutes.pdf [pdf] 219KB
May 2019 FER May 2019 minutes.pdf [pdf] 199KB
July 2019 FER July 2019 minutes.pdf [pdf] 204KB
September 2019 FER September 2019 minutes.pdf [pdf] 216KB
November 2019 FER November 2019 minutes.pdf [pdf] 259KB
March 2020 FER March 2020 minutes.pdf [pdf] 598K
Submit Your Ideas For Estuary News
Do you have an idea for, or have you written an article that you would like to appear in Estuary News? Please submit your idea using this form and the FER will consider your idea/article for publication.
- We will not share any personal information, or any other information you submit, with any third-party organisations. Please see our Privacy Statement page for further information.