The nursery organises the day so that children can take part in a variety of child initiated and adult supported activities. These take into account the children's changing energy levels throughout the day.
- The nursery caters for the children's individual needs for rest and quiet activities during the day
- We organise our sessions so that the children can choose from a range of activities. In doing so, they build up their ability to select and work through a task
- The children are also helped and encouraged to take part in adult led activities and large group activities which introduce them to new experiences and help them gain new skills. They also help the children to work with others.
- Free flow into our garden is encouraged.
Jelly Babies - 8 weeks to 2 ½ Years
In our Jelly Babies room, all staff are very approachable and support your child within a hygienic, safe, caring and happy environment in the following ways:
- Settling babies into the routine of the room
- Helping them to feel safe and secure, including snuggling, cuddling, eye contact and talking gently to them
- Encouraging communication including gurgling, babbling and squealing
- Adults listen and respond to communication appropriately, encouraging “conversation”
- Provide activities to encourage young children to explore and use all their senses
- Give opportunities for child initiated and adult supported activities
- By providing consistent and repetitive actions babies will start to imitate adults, encouraging imaginative play
- Encouraging physical development, both fine and gross motor skills, remembering that young children have little sense of danger
- Encouraging both indoor and outdoor play
- That for young children, rest and sleep is as important as food and fluids
- To encourage good social skills at food and drink times, by asking them to sit down at the table when eating and drinking.
All routines are guidelines only and are adapted accordingly.
Children who arrive between 8.05am to 8.30am are allowed to bring breakfast in with them. All children are supervised and assisted during breakfast.
|9.00am||Learning through play activities|
|10.30am||Registration/circle time/snack time|
|11.00am||Outside-play/ walk/sleep time|
|11.30am||Nappy Change (unless they need changing before)|
|11.45am||Song/ story/music time|
|12.00am||Home-time/ lunch time|
|1.00pm||Learning through play activities|
|3.00pm||Nappy Change (unless they need changing before)|