Jelly Beans Header
In the Jelly Beans room, we pay particular attention to:
- Settling the children into the routine of the room
- Making the children feel safe and secure
- Provide activities that support the EYFS, and adjust these to suit the needs of individual children
- Give opportunities for child initiated and adult supported activities
- Encourage both free-flow indoor and outdoor play
- Provide and promote multicultural activities and participate in cultural and religious festivals/events
- For adults to take time to actively listen and respond appropriately to each and every child
- To encourage early maths concepts, such as shapes, counting and sorting etc
- To encourage early reading skills by sitting with the children reading on a one to one basis and in larger groups
- To encourage early writing skills by always having mark making equipment available.
All within a safe, caring, happy and stimulating environment.
All routines are guidelines only and are adapted accordingly.
The nursery organises the day so that children can take part in a variety of child initiated and adult supported activities. These take into account the children's changing energy levels throughout the day.
- The nursery caters for the children's individual needs for rest and quiet activities during the day
- We organise our sessions so that the children can choose from a range of activities. In doing so, they build up their ability to select and work through a task
- The children are also helped and encouraged to take part in adult led activities and large group activities which introduce them to new experiences and help them gain new skills. They also help the children to work with others.
- Free flow into our garden is encouraged.
Children who arrive between 8.05am to 8.30am are allowed to bring breakfast in with them. All children are supervised and assisted during breakfast.
|9.00am||Free play and Garden time|
|9.45am||Small groups time then free play/free flow inside/outside|
|10.30am||Free flow snack bar|
|12 noon||Lunch time (for children in all day)|
|1.00pm||Good afternoons/ letters and sounds/ register marked|
|1.45pm||Small group work then free flow inside/ outside play|
|2.30pm||Free flow snack|
|3.40pm||Calm down time/Circle Time|
|4.30pm||Hand wash and snack time|