Make A Difference
We pride ourselves on the provision of good quality personalised services provided by committed, enthusiastic staff. We want to make sure that good practice is the norm and complacency has no place.
We want to make sure that the service we provide and the way we provide it makes a difference to the people we support.
We will make a difference by:
- reviewing our services and measuring against good practice
- acknowledging, celebrating and disseminating good practice
- acknowledging gaps, errors or omissions and fixing them with a clear action plan
- following up actions and making sure issues have been resolved
- telling people who use our services, their families, staff, commissioners and regulators what we have found.
We will support our staff to make a difference by:
- Creating a Quality & Compliance team to carry out internal inspections of our homes producing clear improvement plans
- Implementation of new mobile working solutions
- Introduction of ‘Quality Checkers’ (experts by experience) checking the standards in their homes
- Training staff in digital skills
- Implementing values based recruitment
- Chairing the Skills for Care Managers Network in Southend
- Reviewing our processes to be GDPR compliant
- Embedding equality & diversity through the services through positive actions linked to the corporate policy
- Ensuring our publications are accessible to our customers through the accreditation to the plain English campaign
- Creating service champions in : end of life, dementia, safeguarding, activities, GDPR, nutrition
- Reviewing all policies and procedures to reflect good practice in the industry
- Involving our customers in interviews for staff
- Keeping abreast of current themes and best practice by joining organisations like STOMP.