What Is Mediation?
Mediation can provide a quick and effective way of resolving disputes in an impartial, non judgmental and strictly confidential situation. It may also minimise the risk of conflicts in the future and can save or re-establish important relationships. This service is independent and therefore offers an outside opinion on your dispute.
Is Mediation The Right Choice For Me?
Mediation is free of charge for all residents who wish to use the service.
It is an alternative to going to court where the process can be lengthy and very expensive. The court will make the final decision for all those concerned.
Mediation gives all parties the chance to talk and be listened to without any interruption, and to feel they have achieved something.
- You can have a one on one discussion with the mediator in your home, if you are uncomfortable about attending a face to face meeting at the start
- The process of Mediation is impartial, non-judgemental and strictly confidential. This means that mediators will not take sides in the dispute, nor will they judge anybody.
The Benefits Of Mediation:
- You get to tell the other persons your feelings and concerns
- Being listened to and therefore feeling supported
- You start to feel in control again
- By talking to a mediator, you take a positive step to resolving the problem
- Mediation is held in a neutral location and controlled environment to allow all parties to feel at ease.
Mediation can help residents who are experiencing disputes over such things as:
- Nuisance from children and/or youths
- Street parking
- Barking dogs
- Parties and loud music
- General nuisances.
Resolving Disputes Through Mediation
It is not always easy to accept that a situation has become serious enough to be called a dispute. Yet disputes and conflicts are a fact of everyday life in modern times.
Unresolved disputes can use up a lot of time and money. They cause severe stress to the people involved. Many people or organisations are reluctant to take the risk of going to court. Even those that do can find the emotional and financial stress difficult to deal with.