PCM Parking Management
In some of our housing schemes, our tenants are experiencing a range of problems with being able to park their vehicle. Sometimes this can happen even when your property comes with an allocated parking space. You might find that somebody else has parked in your space when they should be parking somewhere else, or that a vehicle is blocking access to your space. Whatever the problem may be, it can cause real frustration.
How Do We Propose To Deal With This?
We are using a company called Parking Control Management (PCM). This company will issue parking permits to our tenants, and monitor your area to ensure that nobody parks in your bay when they should be parking in a different place. They also issue fines to owners of vehicles which have been parked where they should not be.
- Ticketing of vehicles that are not parking correctly
- Signage in your area to notify individuals that parking management is in place
- A 24-hour call centre to answer any issues or questions you or visitors may have. This number will also be advertised on the signs provided for your area
- An app which will enable you to report vehicles parked without permission / permits.
What Does This Mean For Me?
When PCM are introduced to your housing scheme, you will be given a parking permit for one space, i.e. your allocated space. PCM will be advised which vehicle is yours, and which space it should be parked in. More permits can be purchased if necessary (for example, for a carer).
What Do I Need To Do To Introduce PCM To My Area?
You do not need to do anything. Our Housing Officers will advise where there is a serious issue with parking. We will consult with our tenants of this area to find out if they feel they need to have parking management. If they tell us they do, then we will usually ask PCM to begin operating. They will send a letter to tenants advising of what will happen next.
When Will This Happen?
This will depend on a number of things, and we will inform you as soon as we are able to.
Housing Schemes Where We Have PCM Parking Enforcement
PCM parking enforcement is already in place at the following housing schemes:
- Avontar Court, South Ockendon
- Britannia Court, Barking
- Carnarvon Place, Southend-on-Sea
- Chaffinch Lodge, Dunnock Court and Red Robin Close, Romford
- Furtherwick Close, Canvey Island
- Helena Court and Alice Court, Romford
- Ken Johnson House, Leigh-on-Sea
- Mardyke Close, Rainham
- Salisbury Mews, Southend-on-Sea
- School Way, Leigh-on-Sea
- Sunlight Mews, Southend-on-Sea
- The Courtyard, Southend-on-Sea
- Underwood Court, Hammond Court and Valentine Court, Southend-On-Sea
- Vickers House, Romford
- Weave Court, Romford
- Woodgrange Drive Estate Disabled Bays, Southend-on-Sea
- 119/121 York Road, Southend-on-Sea