Planned, Cyclical & Major Works
From time to time we will need to carry out major works to the building containing your flat or on the estate where you live. It is our responsibility to maintain the building and estate, and we do this through a planned works programme. As a leaseholder, you will be charged for major works. Your lease explains the full terms and conditions. For most of our developments we have a Replacement Provision (or Sinking Fund) in place to help pay for planned major works. If your development has a Replacement Provision, you will make contributions into this fund from your service charge.
- Planned Works are large scale building projects that could include structural repairs, roof replacement, installing or upgrading door entry systems.
- Cyclical Works are generally routine maintenance tasks such as painting the communal areas and external parts of the building, repairing entrance gates and paving.
Section 20 Consultations
We are required by law to consult you on major works if your share of the works is £250 or more. For long term contracts for goods or services which would cost each resident £100+ per annum, we will also carry out consultation.
When works are scheduled for your building, we will send the following notices:
- Notice of Intention - This letter will describe the works proposed and explain why they are needed. You will have 30 days to contact us with any observations.
- Notice of Estimates / Notice of Proposals (for long term contracts) - This letter will tell you the estimated cost of the proposed works, and provide a summary of the feedback received from the Notice of Intention letter. You will be given a further 30 days to respond with your observations to the estimates provided.
- Notice of Award will be sent to advise the successful contractor.
Once the works have been completed, we will write to you again to confirm the total costs and your contribution towards them.
Cyclical Painting Programme 2019-2023
Currently it is planned for each block to receive external and communal area redecorations. The table below shows the financial year in which the works are due.
- Please note: The planned works and the financial year due are subject to change. Any changes will be detailed in the table below.
|Block||Financial Year Due|
|Faraday House, Loughton||2019/20|
|Colvern House, Romford||2019/20|
|The Courtyard, Southend-on-Sea||2019/20|
|Alverstoke Road, Harold Hill||2019/20|
|Oakham Court, Leigh-on-Sea||2020/21|
|Derry Court, South Ockendon||2020/21|
|Blake House, Loughton||2020/21|
|Weave Court, Romford||2020/21|
|Bay House, Grays||2020/21|
|Dukes Court, Hornchurch||2020/21|
|Kings House, Barking||2021/22|
|Olive Avenue, Leigh-on-Sea||2021/22|
|Pembridge Court, Southend-on-Sea||2021/22|
|Conifer Way, Dunmow||2021/22|
|Willow Road, Dunmow||2021/22|
|Avontar Court, South Ockendon||2021/22|
|Raven House, Hornchurch||2021/22|
|Redberry Court, Rainham||2021/22|
|Vickers House, Romford||2021/22|
|Riverwood Court, Hornchurch||2021/22|
|Southall Lodge, Collier Row||2022/23|
|Cole House, Southend-on-Sea||2022/23|