Training and Development
At Estuary, we’re committed to attracting and retaining high quality, self motivated staff. We strive to make a positive impact on our customers and local communities. To achieve this we need staff that feel valued, work together effectively and are committed to performing well. Improving the way we work and strengthening the organisation is therefore hugely important to us.
All training we offer to our staff is fully funded by the organisation.
Our recent achievements in learning and development include:
- Development of successful apprenticeship schemes across a number of departments. Several of our apprentices have subsequently progressed to permanent roles within the organisation.
- Enhanced induction process – all new staff are provided with a comprehensive, personalised induction session on their first day which covers HR, health and safety, ICT and communications.
- Management development training including performance management, budget management, report writing and professional boundaries.
- Skills training for office staff on topics such as difficult conversations, letter writing, minute taking and time management.
- Mandatory training provision for all Supported Housing & Care staff, ensuring legislative compliance and excellent service delivery.
- Regular training workshops delivered in-house by the HR team, covering topics including supervision & appraisal, absence management and recruitment skills.
- Safeguarding training delivered to all staff, helping to raise awareness of issues relating to children and adults with care and support needs.
- Provision of equality and diversity training to all staff, including forum theatre workshops where staff interact with professional actors in order to gain a greater insight into the issues and legislation surrounding equality and diversity.
- Delivery of QCF framework to Supported Housing & Care service through fully funded Level 3 and 5 programmes.
- An e-learning programme which complements face-to-face training as an effective way for staff to refresh learning and update their knowledge in a way that suits them.
- Development of a Talent Management Strategy – this ensures that staff are identified for support and development and that career pathways and opportunities are developed.
- In-house delivery of an ILM Level 3 in Management Award for middle managersincluding Action Learning Sets to provide peer support.
- In the last financial year, we delivered a total of 273 face-to-face training sessions to staff with a total of 3300 places available on these courses.
- Our staff have also completed nearly 3500 e-learning modules since March 2016.