Useful Links, Forms and Documents

Local Authorities

Social Services Departments

Benefits & Employment

Housing Services

Resident Involvement

Supported Housing and Care





Local Authorities

Basildon District Council

Braintree District Council

Brentwood Borough Council

Castle Point Borough Council

Chelmsford Borough Council

Colchester Borough Council

Epping Forest District Council

Harlow District Council

Maldon District Council

Rochford District Council

Southend-on-Sea Borough Council

Tendring District Council

Thurrock Borough Council

Uttlesford District Council

West Suffolk Councils (St Edmundsbury)

London Borough of Barking and Dagenham

London Borough of Havering

London Borough of Redbridge

Social Services Departments

Essex Social Services

Southend-on-Sea Social Services

Thurrock Social Services (children)

Thurrock Social Services (adult)

Benefits & Employment

Department for Work and Pensions

Housing Services

National Housing Federation

Housing Ombudsman Service

Independent Living in Essex

Homes England (Formerly Homes and Community Agency)

Home Hunt
Looking for a more affordable solution? is the national web service for affordable housing and is free to use. Visit today to browse and bid upon all the available types of affordable homes offer throughout the UK. Unlike the private rental market there has never been one single website for home seekers to view the many different types of affordable housing options available throughout the UK. changes this. Simply, gives home seekers a more affordable choice of rental homes.

Resident Involvement

Tenant Participation Advisory Service (TPAS)

Supported Housing and Care

Think Local, Act Personal (formerly Putting People First)

Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE)

Care Quality Commission

Learning Disability England

Skills for Care



Citizens Advice Bureau

Legal Aid

Litter Action

The Lighthouse Furniture Project

Sue Ryder

Rehab 4 Addiction


‘Safeguarding’ refers to protecting both vulnerable children and vulnerable adults from harm or abuse. You may hear it referred to as safeguarding children or safeguarding adults. We are committed to protecting our residents from harm or abuse and if we are made aware of this occurring, we will pass this information to the relevant agency to investigate.


Essex Safeguarding Children Board

Barking & Dagenham Safeguarding Children Board

Havering Safeguarding Children Board

Redbridge Safeguarding Children Board

Suffolk Safeguarding Children Board


Giving consent to third-parties

Sometimes we receive requests from people (such as relatives, partners, etc.) who wish to deal with tenancy matters on behalf of the person who is our resident.

We are required by law (with only a few very specific exceptions) to maintain the confidentiality of our residents records. This can cause the people trying to act on behalf of the resident to think that we are being obstructive, but that is not the case.

Estuary Housing Association takes your privacy seriously, and adheres to current data protection legislation to keep all personal data secure. We therefore have to be certain that the resident gives their consent for us to interact with others on their behalf.

If you are the resident, you must give very serious consideration to the possible effects and consequences of giving your consent for someone else to interact with us on your behalf. For this reason we require you to complete and submit a signed Consent form detailing the type of information you are authorising us to disclose.

The validity of any consent may not last for more than six months and is subject to regular review. You will be able to remove this consent at any time by notifying us in writing.

Consent Form.pdf[pdf] 143KB