Market Rent Tenants - A Guide to Vacating Your Property
Moving home can be a stressful time. To make things a little easier, we would like to take this opportunity to let you know what you need to do before you move out.
Please leave your home in a clean and tidy condition. You must clear all furniture, personal belongings and rubbish, with the exception of any item which forms part of the tenancy i.e. kitchen appliances. This includes any loft space, outbuildings or garden.
We will not accept responsibility for any items left behind. These will be disposed of and you will be charged.
Any outside area that you are solely responsible for must be left in good order, clear and tidy. Grass should be cut, shrubs pruned and planted beds weeded. Where pets have been allowed in the property, any animal excrement must be removed. If we need to tidy the area before the property can be re-let, you will be charged for this work.
You must leave your home in good, clean decorative order.
All meters should be read and supplies turned off when you leave. This will make sure you only get billed for the fuel you have used. You should tell your supplier(s) you are leaving and give them the meter readings and clear any debts owed.
If your tenancy includes a garage you must clear out your belongings and leave it clean and tidy. Please return the keys along with the property keys.
Estuary is responsible for the flooring and therefore this should not be removed. If it is damaged, you must report this.
You are responsible for any repairs, including:
- Broken or cracked glass
- Damaged or missing doors
- Damaged kitchen units and worktops
- Broken or missing wall tiles light fittings and bulb holders
- Holes in plasterwork
- Blocked toilets and drains as a result of misuse
- Broken or missing WC seat, lid, plug or chain
- Any other repairs that are needed
- Clean the cooker thoroughly with oven cleaner. This includes the shelves in the oven, the glass door, grill pan and oven trays as well as the extractor hood and filter
- Sweep and wash the kitchen floor
- Ensure ceilings and walls are cobweb free
- Wipe clean interior window frames and ledges throughout the property
- Clean all internal and external windows
- Wash down all washable walls and leave dust, dirt and stain free
- Wash over skirting boards and leave dust free
- Defrost and wipe out fridge/freezers. The door must be left open and the appliance switched off
- Clean all baths, WCs, shower screens, wash hand basins and kitchen sinks and, if necessary, remove any lime scale deposits
- Have all carpets professionally cleaned and keep the invoice
- Clean insides of cupboards and drawers, particularly in kitchens
- Clean the washing machine soap dispenser and filter
- Replace all bulbs where necessary
- Replace any damaged items, eg. broken freezer drawers, as the cost of replacing these will be deducted from your deposit
- Dispose of any unwanted furniture etc. in a suitable manner. Any items left behind that need to be removed by us will result in a deduction from your deposit
- Return all keys and fobs on the time and date of the booked checkout or the vacation date.