At Estuary Housing Association we recognise that residents' views make our business better.
We are committed to improving our services and actively encourage residents to get involved to help us achieve this. Customer Engagement includes residents, staff and board members sharing information, ideas and power. We provide a range of ways for you to get involved, at a level that suits you and the time you have spare.
You will never be left out of pocket for your involvement as we will reimburse transport costs where necessary and can provide assistance with childcare. We want you to get the most out of your involvement with us.
We can provide you with free training for basic things like using a computer and an introduction to Social Housing courses, to the more advanced training surrounding individual service areas. This training can really build your confidence, especially if you are looking for work as it is a great thing to add to your CV. The main involvement options are listed below.
- Become a Digital Voice. You can earn 10-20 points per online survey, which is emailed to you direct. 100 points = £10 shopping voucher. You could also win a tablet! Find out more and how to sign up.
- Become an Estate Block Street Representative (EBS Rep). You can report communal issues directly to us using our new app, Photobook.
Formal/Estuary Housing Association-Wide Engagement
- Register your interest for the next Scrutiny 1-day bootcamp. This is where we look at service areas such as complaints and the maintenance service.
- Join the Federation of Estuary Residents. Work with us on changes, policies and procedures that affect your fellow residents.
Events and Competitions
- Take part in our annual gardening competition, Estuary in Bloom. There are a variety of categories to suit all kinds of outdoor spaces. You could win up to £50 in shopping vouchers!
- Come along to one of our free Community Fun Days or suggest where we can hold one in your local area
Other Ways to Get Involved:
Services Committee Resident Representative
Resident Committee Members work with Board Members and other co-opted Committee Members to help set the direction of our operational services and to monitor, scrutinise and challenge our operational performance.
Resident Committee Members bring their experience as a resident to assist the overall performance, planning and delivery of our longer term goals. The committee meets five times a year (usually 4.30pm to 6.30pm on Mondays). You will need to spend some time preparing for these meetings.
Time: Evening meetings take place for two hours every other month, plus time to prepare for the meetings.
Travel: Currently all meetings take place in Southend-on-Sea.
- You will need to undertake training to be comfortable in this role.
- To help us to develop you in your role, we will meet with you once a year to undergo an annual appraisal.
Join a Residents’ Association or Community Group
These are groups of interested residents from an estate or area who represent all residents in their community. Resident associations and social committees form the basis of local activity across Estuary Communities and can be a very useful way of improving community spirit, making sure that services are properly targeted, and help residents have a real say in the decisions that affect their homes.
Time: 2 hours every other month
Travel: We will always try to hold these meetings as local to your area as possible.
Become Part of a Partnering Panel
Estuary has various partnership panels such as Planned Maintenance and Health and Safety, where residents are invited to join staff in ongoing work to improve services.
Travel: Currently all meetings take place in Southend-on-Sea
- You may need to undertake some training to be fully confident in this role.
Come along to an estate or area meeting
We arrange meetings for an estate or area to discuss any issues residents are facing including issues around anti social behaviour and estate services. We run these meetings quarterly as an opportunity for residents to give us feedback in that area. We also arrange similar meetings as and when required to discuss specific issues and plans for individual estates or areas. To find out about the next meeting in your area, please call the Customer Engagement Team on 0300 304 5000, check the events calendar, or email Involvement@estuary.co.uk
Time: Two hours per quarter
Travel: We try to keep these meetings as local to you as possible
Resident Involvement Expenses Policy
As an involved resident, we never want you to be left out of pocket. We have put together an expenses policy for residents to understand what and how they can claim back as an expense as part of their involvement. If you have any queries about this, please contact the Customer and Community Engagement Team on 0300 304 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org