News and Events
As part of their community investment programme, Axis are offering free training workshops to help you enhance your skills. These workshops are for any resident, of any age and from any location.
Gas Safety Week: Keeping our Nation Gas Safe
Landlords’ legal responsibilities – Annual Gas Safety Checks
In partnership with Axis we are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2021, taking place 13th-19th September.
Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions, and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. CO is a highly poisonous gas that can kill quickly with no warning, as you cannot see it, taste it, or smell it.
As a landlord, we are legally obliged to make sure:
- Gas pipework, appliances and flues provided for tenants are maintained in a safe condition
- All gas appliances and flues have an annual safety check. In partnership with Axis we have been making arrangements to move the annual gas safety check programme to the summer months, to allow engineers more time to attend emergencies and breakdowns during the winter months.
- A Gas Safety Record is provided to the tenant within 28 days of completing the check or to any new tenant before they move in
- A copy of the current Gas Safety Record is kept until two further checks have taken place
- Maintenance and annual safety checks are carried out by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer. Axis Europe and its gas engineers are Gas Safe registered
- All gas equipment (including any appliance left by a previous tenant) is safe or otherwise removed before re-letting.
Axis Europe engineers carry a Gas Safe ID card and we encourage you to check the engineer’s Gas Safe ID card when the they arrive at your home.
7th February - 10.45am
If you call 0300 304 5000 – Option 1 to report a repair you may experience a short period of silence before you are connected to the Axis Contact Centre. We are aware of the issue and we are liaising with our provider regarding the matter. Please don’t disconnect your call as you will still speak to someone about your repair.
We will keep you updated if this problem continues. Thank you for your patience.