For All Repairs Telephone:
All calls regarding repairs are now taken by our main contractor Axis Europe.
0808 169 1969 This number is available 24 hrs a day 7 days a week.
8am-5pm Monday to Friday is for general repairs.
Out of Hours Emergency:
5pm to 8am, all day weekends and Bank Holidays
Please be aware that if you use the emergency service when it is later found not to be an emergency, you could be charged for the repair.
Resident Choice Appointments
Repairs are carried out Monday to Friday, 8am to 5.30pm and Saturday 8am to 1pm. All requests for a routine repair will be offered a choice of appointments.
- Morning: 8am to 12pm
- Afternoon: 12pm to 5.30pm
- Full day: 8am to 5.30pm
- A specific time, if engineers are available
- School-run appointments are between 10am to 1pm
You can also request specific time exclusions for hospital appointments, etc.
How To Report a Repair
Phone the Axis call centre between 8am and 5pm on 0808 169 1969 to book a suitable appointment time
- Appointments are available Monday to Friday 8am–5.30pm, Saturday 8am-1pm
- Half day appointments between 8am-midday and midday-5.30pm
- Don’t forget to tell us if you must go out - eg school run
We’ll keep you informed
We give you:
- A text message to confirm the appointment
- A reminder text message the day before the appointment
- A phone call/text message to advise the engineer is en route.
At the Appointment
If we can’t get in for any reason:
- Engineer calls Axis and they call you
- Engineer waits 15 mins then leaves a card
- If we still cannot reach you by then, you will need to book a new appointment by starting the process again.
If we get into you as planned:
We will aim to complete any repairs that we can and then:
- 1st time fix complete
- Check site is clean and tidy
- We'll ensure you are happy*
- We'll text you a satisfaction survey
If the repairs cannot be fixed straight away
- We'll explain to you why
- The engineer will call Axis to arrange a follow up visit on your behalf.
If the engineer needs authorisation before starting the job:
- The engineer calls the Estuary surveyor for approval
- We'll ensure you're happy*
- We text you a satisfaction survey
* The engineer will ensure the resident is happy and fully understands the repair carried out, along with any work that requires a return visit and any necessary appointment is booked.
Download the full poster - Repairs_and_Maintenance_Chart.pdf[pdf] 14MB
What Counts As An Emergency?
- Total loss of electricity
- Dangerous electrical installation
- Total loss of water
- Water leaks that are uncontainable
- Defective smoke detectors/fire alarms
- Blocked or uncontainable leaking toilet where there is only one in your home
- Blocked drains and sewers if backing up in property or overflowing
- Loss of heating in winter months (October to March)
- Uncontainable roof leak
- Insecure property (front or back door), or ground floor window that can not be locked
- Loose roof tile, gutter or drain pipe where dangerous
- Loose bricks or masonry where dangerous.
All other repairs are completed at residents' convenience.
If You Smell Gas In Your Property
- Turn your supply off at the mains
- Ring Cadent on 0800 111 999
- Open your doors and windows
- Do not switch anything electric on or off as this could create sparks
- Do not smoke, light a match or cause any other flame
- Contact repairs on 0808 169 1969 if your home needs any further repairs after Cadent have left.
Please, Treat Staff as You Would Expect to be Treated Yourself
Our repairs staff are trained to respond politely and courteously to you, so it can be very upsetting if you are rude or behave badly towards them. You are reminded that we will not tolerate this kind of behaviour.
While we all accept a level of frustration, swearing is totally inappropriate and can be stressful for our repairs staff. Verbal abuse will be taken seriously and telephone calls will be terminated. You will receive a written warning about acceptable behaviour in accordance with your tenancy agreement and this could affect the services we provide to you.