Accessibility Statement for Estuary Housing Association
This accessibility statement applies to estuary.co.uk
This website is run by Estuary Housing Association.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Maintaining an accessible website is an ongoing process and we are continually working to offer a user friendly experience. If you have any problems using this website please contact us by email or telephone on 0300 304 5000.
How Accessible This Website Is:
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text.
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software. We are working to replace affected documents with new and updated content, reviewing jargon and removing or amending wording which is unuseful or confusing.
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard.
Feedback and Contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com.
- call 0300 304 5000.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
If you cannot view the map via Google Maps in the Find Us section on our Contact Us page, please call on 0300 304 5000 or email for directions.
Reporting Accessibility Problems with this Website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0300 304 5000.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical Information About this Website’s Accessibility
Estuary Housing Association is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-Compliance with the Accessibility Regulations
- This site is under constant review. Content with no value shall be removed and we’ll make sure any content to stay meets accessibility standards. When we publish new content, we'll make sure it meets accessibility standards.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This statement was prepared on 22/09/2020 and was reviewed and updated on 21/12/22.
This website was last tested on 15th August 2020. The test was carried out by VerseOne Technologies and the test practitioner used a sample of random pages.
To assist with website accessibility we offer:
ReachDeck is a free speech enabler download that enables you to listen to rather than read our website content. It can be useful for people who may:
· have reading or literacy difficulties.
· not be fluent in English as it is not their first language.
· have Dyslexia.
· have mild visual impairment.
· just find it easier to listen, rather than read.
All you need to do to use this free software is click or tap on the ReachDeck button/logo displayed on each page and follow the simple step-by-step guide. There is a video guide, produced by ReachDeck available to view at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9uxDRpISUI
Navigation Assistance: Keyboard or Mouse?
If you have restricted mobility or wish to avoid repetitive strain injury, you may find it useful to use your keyboard instead of your mouse to navigate our website. By using Tab and Enter on your keyboard, it is possible to navigate and access all areas of our website. The Tab key allows you to move and browse amongst the menus and links displayed on each page, and pressing Enter will activate your request for a particular menu or link. The arrow keys on the keyboard will enable you to move up or down the page or from left to right.
Changing Text Size
Please click on the buttons at the top of the page to enlarge or reduce the text size. There are four text sizes available, choose your desired size and this will automatically change the size of wording in our website.
Useful Tips for Accessing Information
Throughout our website we use PDF (Portable Document Format) documents which are accessed by clicking on appropriate document links. To view a PDF, you may need to download Acrobat Reader for free, although most devices have the software preinstalled.