Lifts, hoists and stairlifts all have the potential to cause serious harm if they are not maintained and working properly. As landlords we are legally obliged to maintain and inspect the equipment installed within our properties.
What Is Estuary Doing To Keep My Home Safe?
We carry out regular servicing and maintenance to all lifts, hoists and stair lifts installed within properties we manage, including communal areas. We also have a regular independent engineering inspection completed on all equipment.
What Should I Do To Keep My Home Safe?
- Make sure you provide us with access to undertake maintenance and independent engineering inspections when requested. Failure to provide access may result in action your tenancy and additional charges.
- Make sure you are using the equipment within its “Safe Working Load” and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Please do not use the equipment and contact Repairs if any of the following occur:
- An abnormal or unusual noise
- A smell of overheating
- Unusual or erratic movement
- Damaged or exposed wiring
- Damaged parts
- Missing Parts
- Unusual or abnormal operation
- Any other fault
- Any other damage; including water and fluids