Estuary in Bloom 2019
This event is kindly sponsored by
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to everybody who took part in this year's competition.
Winners and runners up will be announced early August. All entrants will be contacted by the Customer & Community Engagement team.
The photos sent in by the winners and runners up will be displayed on this page and on our social media platforms.
Best Garden - Includes balconies and containers
Environmentally Friendly Garden - Including vegetable patches and reusing materials
Best Baskets or Tubs
Rules of the competition:
- Entries must be from tenants and leaseholders of Estuary Housing Association
- Previous winners may enter the competition
- Work on gardens must be completed by the resident
- Residents may enter as many categories as they wish
- If the gardener is a child (under 18), the parent or guardian of the child must submit the entry
- Entries to the Tallest Sunflower category must be submitted by sending a photo of the sunflower next to a tape measure
- By entering the competition you give Estuary Housing Association permission to use photographs of your garden for promotional materials. These materials include but are not limited to Social Media, internal newsletters, Estuary News, corporate documents, Estuary website and Staff intranet
- The competition will be judged by two resident representatives and two members of staff
- Estuary Housing Association cannot accept any responsibility for loss or delay to entries
- Entries must be received by 5pm on Friday 28 June 2019
- We regret that residents with rent arrears of more than 4 weeks will not be eligible to enter the competition
- The winners will receive a prize and a certificate from the sponsor contractors and Estuary. Vouchers will be presented to you in person however, if you are not available, your prize will be posted to you by Recorded Delivery Mail
- Please ensure that we have your correct contact details. If you are a prizewinner and we are unable to reach you after the competition, the prize will be given to the entry with the next highest score.
- Communal areas can not be entered in to the competition.
All entrants are bound by these terms and conditions. The contact details provided will be used to update our records as necessary.
Estuary in Bloom competition 2018
This event is kindly sponsored by:
Thank you to everyone who sent in entries for Estuary in Bloom this year. The Federation of Estuary Residents chose the winner and had a difficult time deciding on their favourite garden.
The winner this year is Christina White from Southend-on-Sea. Christina has filled her balcony with plants and the FER really enjoyed all the amazing colours and the flowers she had grown.
In second place was Susan Holdgate from Romford who only started gardening 7 years ago when she moved into her current house. In third place was Bryan Crouchman from Great Dunmow, Bryan was our winner in 2017 and has continued to keep up his amazing garden!
Congratulations to our winners and thank you to Purdy Contracts Ltd for sponsoring this competition.
Second place - Susan Holdgate - Romford.
Third Place - Bryan Crouchman - Dunmow
Estuary in Bloom winners 2017
We are pleased to annouce the winners of the Estuary in Bloom 2017 competition sponsored by
1st place - Mrs Culff - Southend-on-Sea
2nd place - Anne Harris - Southend-on-Sea
3rd place - Teresia Sibanda-Mpofu - Southend-on-Sea
1st place - Bryan Couchman - Great Dunmow
2nd place - Peter Squirrel Brentwood
3rd place - Pat Scott - Clacton-on-Sea
Best Window Box/Container
1st place - Sharon Winters - Southend-on-Sea
2nd place - Lee Dobson - Dagenham
3rd place - Brywin Rocknean - Southend-on-Sea