The reason for the research was to give an idea on the overall need for housing and plans for affordable housing growth around the areas BuildEast work in. This includes Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Peterborough.
BuildEast hoped the research would give a look into how its members and other working bodies across this area would achieve plans for more affordable housing.
The research report is indepth at 86 pages and aims to give answers to the following questions:
- What is the scale and distribution of planned housing growth in the Eastern Region? (BuildEast’s geography).
- How does housing growth support and facilitate proposals for regional economic growth?
- What are the implications for the delivery of affordable housing?
- What are the development opportunities in the East?
- What is the profile of sites to enable the planned growth to be delivered?
- What % of growth can be expected on small/medium/large sites?
- What does ‘levelling up’ mean for the East of England and how can housing growth support this ambition?
- What are the urban/rural/coastal dimensions of this?
The report was published in November 2022 and is available to download and print now